Monday, January 23, 2006

Memoirs of a geisha

What a movie eh? Vasu and viveg and moi went to bukit raja wanted to watch "aathi" and ended up watching memoirs of a geisha. It was a mistake. It all started when we entered the cinema. People were looking weirdly at us. I saw this couple looking at us, saying something to each other and laugh. It was rather disturbing. The thing running in my mind,"damn what the hell am i doing here!" and i bet vasu and viveg felt the same way. The movie started and ran for like 5 minutes and i started yawning. Seriously the movie was so damn fucking slow. A geisha= a high class performer, or on other words, perform to the rest but doesn't show her flesh but only sleeps with that one person who keeps her high-maintanance life running smoothly. Funny, yet true.
The most intersting character in the movie, i must say, was Dr. Crab. That old man got lucky where he gets to sleep with a virgin and the part where he crawls towards ZHANG Zi-yi that was hilarious. I controlled my laughter as the whole cinema was quiet. But our friend vasu just couldn't care and started laughing out loud.I had to close my face as the rest of the people were looking at US! :))

I didn't find Zhang Zi-Yi very appealing. Even michelle yeoh looked old. The best was still gong-li. she was so hot! Seriously, the evil in her turned me on sial!!!

Japanese people have weird taste. You will agree with me after watching the movie.

Then, finally after 2 and a half hours, the movie finished. I was relieved. We went out to the main door of bukit raja and vasu suddenly stopped turned around and started running back to the cinema. He dropped his phone there. He dropped it there and couldn't find it. Then he realized the phone was stuck in between the seats. How it when there? i have no idea.

Went for dinner after that at berkeley corner and went back home.

It was a pleasant suprise yesterday to watch chelsea - charlton game. Charlton played fucking good. Eventhough they had few chances to score, but the result 1-1 was good enough for me and of cause for all the rest of charlton athletics fans out there. Cool!

and to manchester supporters, i must put my hat down. liverpool supporting people, good luck on the next game. :))

CHARLTON ATHLETICS RULEZ!

7 comments:

Uma said...

I personally liked the movie. It opened my eyes to the unknown unique geisha culture. Also, I found the setting very artistic and beautiful.:)

Uma said...

I personally liked the movie. It opened my eyes to the unknown unique geisha culture. Also, I found the setting very artistic and beautiful.:)

Dina said...

Hahahaha. Actually to think about it, it was indeed a very beautiful set.

Curlz~ said...

i liked the movie Geisha..
why not try reading the book first..you might have a second opinion ;)

Dina said...

i suppose they had to take out some scenes from the book. I have read the book.There are many changes made in the movie,don't you think?

Curlz~ said...

It's impossible to include every bit into a movie.. but since you have read the book , I'm sure then you indeed have a upperhand compared to the rest in enjoying the movie.You wouldnt be "figuring" out why is this or that taking place in certain scenes.
;)

Dina said...

yes indeed.but i never tried to figure out this and that you see.;) It's just that the way they took the movie could be more interesting then the way it actually did it. This is just an honest opinion from me. I never did say i didn't enjoy the book. ;)just the movie.:P