Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lost in translation

I have dispute in my head on the idea of " getting married". Thousands,even more, millions have different view on this matter but lately, i have grown to dislike the idea all together. I have this tendency of getting sick of something very fast ( as you all know from all my other previous posts) , so why do we even bother getting it on with someone til to the point of "til-death-do-us-apart"?

Seriuosly, people who have partners at this very point, i got a question for you.. how sure r u that u want to spend the rest of your life loving this one person? Why do you want to indulge into this holy matrimony thingy? How sure r u the love you have for them will never die off?

I beleive it is all practice. U know the statement which goes, " practice makes perfect"? That is one reason why you feel like the person you are with whom supposedly you are "madly in- love" is going to be the person you love forever. You see, if you have that one person you spend most of your time with,talk to, see them everyday,tell all your problems,etc. you will get so routined of it that you feel like you haven't accomplished something if you don't atleast hear them speak. So, that is practice. Not Love.

Maybe I have a different view on love, but define love for me?

According to the dictionary :

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

How does the affection suddenly appear? The vibes? The company? I don't know...I'm so screwedly confused.

Here is the deal, if you can explain to me what is ove is in lame-man's words please do comment, if you just want to advise me on what i should do, no thank you, not intersted.

Good day ya'all!

6 comments:

Nlndr said...

amboi. such deep stuff. hehe.

well, from my experience i can only say this to u. It's hard to explain what love is. U just gotta feel it to know. :-)

I was a little skeptical like you at one stage. I asked my mum how did she know what love is. she told me the same thing.

perhaps one day U would say the same thing to another person.

:-)

and no it's not routine (at least not for me). if one is in "routine" and not in love, they wouldn't put their partner's welfare as priority.

what say u?

:-)

Dina said...

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :)

Curlz~ said...

Peetz:
I always had the question in my head. Like how would one ever know "this is it" ? And what if one gets bored one day of the dumb routine?

Practise makes perfect? But If nobody is perfect..why practise? Really.

& Marriage is a safety net.We're all fragile and fallible.Marriage is a test of commitment, it asks are we willing to commit ourselves to them for life?

Nobody knows the depth of any sort of feeling without experiencing it.. there's a fine line between love , lust , liking and crush.

So i guess for now.. Let's all sit back and relax till it hits us..
Fate will decide whether it's going to be a long term slow tide or a somethin fast with a stronger magnitude !

Petite Queen said...

Peters : Seriuosly, people who have partners at this very point, i got a question for you.. how sure r u that u want to spend the rest of your life loving this one person? Why do you want to indulge into this holy matrimony thingy? How sure r u the love you have for them will never die off?

Jee : Look at your own parents.

Dina said...

I beleive my parents are still together because of the practice, routine, the feeling of guilt, dependency and sense of belonging. Is that love jee?

Uma said...

Ehem..its me in this house guys. I know its abit late but I want to comment a little.:))I'll keep it short.

Love in layman's terms: It is when you put the other person's happiness before your own.

It is not routine. It only becomes routine when the couple lets it become routine.:)