Friday, August 11, 2006

Puteri Gunung Ledang - the musical


I am back!





I was fortunate enough to be able to attend this extravagant musical theatre in Istana Budaya on tuesday. I must say, the play took my breath away. It was fantastic! excellent! damn fucking good!

The lighting was fantastic! Due to my limited knowledge in the usage of olden-day malay language i was reading the subtitles which appeared on the electronic screen most of the time.

The costumes were fantastic! Starting with wonderful smells of jasmine as you walk into the theatre hall to the 'nenek kebayan''s costumes just amazed me truly.

The actors performed very well as they look so natural on stage. The character that got my attention most was Sultan Mahmud and his son. They were just so funny.

And then, the props used. Excelent! The stage movement and best of them all were the choreography of the dancers! They were just so good!

It is worth all the monet to get a glimps of the play, i would definetely recommend to anyone at all to go catch the play!

The only think that gave me a lil bit of pull-back was the fact that they potrayed Hang Tuah to be such a softy! He sings love songs all the time, like romeo in romeo and juliet. In fact, Hang Tuah suppose to be this strong powerful warrior! But it was a great play I must admit.

So, guys if you dont know what to do during your free time, go watch the play!


100% guranteed you will go oooo and ahhhhh

1 comment:

Curlz~ said...

Look whose back..