Monday, January 21, 2008

Continued

So, where was I? Ok, Narita....aaahhh...what a great place! It was so beautiful!

The hotel I stayed in Narita is called Center Hotel Narita. I checked in (struggling to explain to them as they didn't understand me) even though it said english speaking receptionist on their website! Finally, i managed to convince them I have already made booking. Went to my room, it was like half of the MMU hostel size! One walk way to my bed and the tv on the table. The toilet was like a moving toilet (though I must tell you that the toilets in Japan are fantastic!).

Went down to meet Jim, Chris and Melissa at the lobby. Then they wanted to see my room also, so went up again to the room. They seemed satisfied with the room? I dunno..

Went for walk at Naritasan, because Melissa wanted to show me where are the places to visit and eat! As we walked and walked, suddenly Chris said lets go to the Naritasan Temple. So we went in..all I could say was WOW! It was amazingly beautiful..clean,green and picture perfect! Walked around the park, it was chilly, cold, breezy and it had a breathtaking enviroment..loved it so much! Came to a pond, the water was clear and cold. Ahh...amazing!

After taking like thousands of photographs, we walked back through the narrow streets of Narita, double lane which looks like single lane and people walking on bothsides. In Malaysia probably plenty would be road-killed by now.
It was 4.30 and it started to dim down. We walked back to the hotel ( I did alot of walking!) then they left me to enjoy Narita and off they went. Went back to my room took a shower first, which I really needed after all the walking. Then decided to duck out to get meself some ciggies at the 7-eleven. Tengok-tengok got three 24hours shops. Which one to go? I was torn. Decided to go to the nearest one..hehehe,typical me. I was hungry too but it was only like 6pm, i thought what the heck, I bought meself some Mcd's. Since my first day in Narita, I didn't want to be crazy and try something unusual, lets stick with the staple malaysian food,MCD'S! wakakaka.

Bought teriyaki burger, coffee,fries and an apple pie. Walked back to the room. Oh, did I tell you the hotel has free internet service and man is the internet fast or wat! I settled in my room, got myself comfortable in my bed, and watched Billa 2007 on the laptop-streaming.I was too tired and didn't want to walk anymore. It was amazingly good, I mean the internet. So good that I could rewind and fastforward the freaking movie!

Watched the first part, then went down to smoke as my room was a non-smoking room (don't ask me why I got that room, I couldnt explain to the reception). As smart as I was, I walked out of the hotel lobby with my shorts and t-shirt, BAD IDEA! Freazing cold outside! But it's me we are talking bout, I enjoyed it, legs shaking my ears numb and smoking...cool...

Went back, finished the movie and tido!

The next morning, got up early for the breakfast, I hated the japanese breakfast, sucked big time so I just had bread and coffee. Then, I went for a walk looking at the shops on my left and right...walk punya walk punya walk, then I stopped at this one shop selling japanese sweets..I just wanted to try one and they gave me a whole box! hahahaha. I just stood there eating on the various flavoured sweets when suddenly this strong wind blew. I punyalah gabra, but the locals seem to be cool about it. It was strong until it could push you down if you are not strong enough!

Walked back to the hotel and it was lunch time, I thought wanna get something to eat, so guess where I went?yes, you are right MCDs, yet again. I bought the kids meal this time..ahahaha

Jim called around 1pm said he is coming over, I said wokey. We went to Jusco..hahaha funny isnt it? I go Mcds and go Jusco, what the hell man? Then he sent me back to my hotel and left.

Dinner? I walked to the end of the small street I told just now and found an Indian shop! Amazing! A japanese indian shop. I must try, so I went in, it was buffet style, had a great mix of indian food which was not spicy at all and wine to go with it.

Then, I checked my hand phone for time, it was 8.00pm. Started walking back to my hotel and this one bar caught my eye. "Jetlag Bar". I stopped for a traditional japanese beer. It was delicious. I didnt have much trouble as I told him beer and he understood. Sat at the bar for awhile, looking at people coming in and going out. Then thought I wanna go explore this place more. It was 10pm and I left the bar. I walked to the back alley of the shops to see how they were. Crazy? I know.. I bumped into few people walking there also, the back alleys were clean! You can sleep on the road. I saw this old lady walking her dog at 10pm at a back alley of shops! Beat that!

I stopped by a 24 hour shop to get myself two cans of beer, tak cukup la beb, plus the beer in the bar was pretty expensive :p

It started to drizzle, I got wet in the rain as it got heavy. But I enjoyed it. hehehehe. Aku pun sampai kat hotel then made few phone calls back to Malaysia and slept off.

Aku sambung nanti lah...tired redy...

-To be continued -

2 comments:

Nlndr said...

happy new year to u too peters! :) hey, i've made my blog private now, and i;m still sending out invitations, but i don't know what's your blogger email address. email me at nalinder.m@gmail.com so i can invite u ok. :)

Che underscore Lee said...

forever beer kan???