Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last part Japan

It is 1.45am on a Sunday morning, I am at home and not sleepy, so I thought I want to finish up the story on my trip to Japan. It is going to be around one month since I went there, therefore it would be the best if I finish it all up before it becomes 2 months!:P

Let's see, the next day, Jim told me he will come to pick me up from the hotel to have lunch at Chris's house. So, as usual I got up at 8am, went down for breakfast and went for a walk to have my dosage of nikotine. Jim came around 11.30 am, and we went straight to yashimata (thats where Chris stays). Had our lunch , specially made sandwich with tuna,curry and egg (Melissa's recipe) with coffee, then, I told Chris, I wanna go for a ride in his porsche. He said ok! I was excited giler!! He took me around his sports/race porsche around his neighbourhood and it was amazingly fast.

I forgot, it was freezing cold with snow clouds in the sky, and i was told it might snow! but of course, it didn't :( Oh yeah, it was new year's eve on that day. I was suppose to go for dinner with them and then go to the Naritasan temple for New Year. Japanese culture is that you have to go to the temple for New Year. So, before that, we went around looking for stuff to buy for Marz back in the office. We bought some gifts and off we went to this chinese restaurant for dinner. Chinese restaurants in Japan serve chinese food which taste like japanese food. It was alright for me but it was not spicy at all! Being a Malaysian, I was trained to eat spicy food all the time, so you can imagine the amount of mustard I had to eat. hehehe..

It was around 11.30pm when we left the restaurant. By the time we reached the temple, we couldnt find parking. Parking in Japan is very proper, no illegal parking, no double parking and no parking on the side of the road. So, we got a parking like near my hotel and we walked. I didn't sweat eventhough it was quite a distance to walk. We reached at the road leading to the temple and got caught up in a crowd.Crowd there was nothing like here. I felt like million people were there and I could still breath! No one pushing each other and everyone stood in their own space and line! Could you believe it? Million of people, cold and they still didn't push and lined up perfectly! I must admit, I had a culture shock.
So, the police was in front handling the crowd entering the temple. We had to go batch by batch led by the police. We reached the temple and smell of inscent sticks burnt was lingering all around. I was a pretty amazing sight. I loved it. It was cold, people being courteous and the lights with the smell. Ahhhhh...so peaceful. We walked around the temple and we were walking back with the whole street transforming to a night market-alike. Small stalls on the right and left of the street selling all kind of food and drinks. Mainly, hot drinks and hot food.



Then, we reached the hotel I was staying, they went back to Chris's house. I was so tired of walking the whole day. so i went straight to bed. The next day, Jim promised that we were going to go to Nagano to see SNOW! :) and the best part, we were suppose to take the bullet train there! YAHOOOOOO!!

Eh, penat alredy and sleepy too.....sambung lagi la ... hahahahhah, not the last post after all! :p adios!

-to be continued-


1 comment:

Che underscore Lee said...

bitchh... sambung laaaa!!