Friday, August 01, 2008

Seriously?

As lucky as I am, I had the oppurtunity to watch the movie, KUSELAN yesterday. For those who are not aware, this is another hyped about movie with Rajni in it. Well, here goes my review on the movie.

It started off kind of boring, really really boring til you feel like sleeping off. The same old story of a poor man couldn't afford to take care of his family. As time went, past 1 hour of the movie, Rajni came into the picture, as usual he has a "superb" acting. (huh?) Sorry to offend Rajni's fans, but seriously man, do not hype about the movie when he only appears for like 1/2 hour of three hour movie.

Nayanthara was just hot, in those skimpy skirt for one song which I do not think was necessary at all, but for the sake of nayanthra, I did not mind it at all. Being the best scenes in the movie, i realised no one got up to go to the washroom or answer calls when the song was going on. :))
I have to salute the art-director and cinematographer of this movie, fantastic work. I was abit annoyed with the dolphins though, you will know what i mean when you watch the movie.
Besides Nayanthatra was acting with just few words, and Rajni being himself, the rest of the cast potrayed their best. The comedy was not as impressive as I thought it would be considering almost all the comedian were in the movie.
P.Vasu, for the sake of viewers, get more creative man.

Livingstone was excellent! He played my favourite character in the movie and played it exceptionally good. Man, that fellow is fuuuunnny.
The last, climax of the movie seems to be the highlight, fantastic acting by Pasupathy. I found few people in the theatre crying for the climax, but I was laughing, you know me..:P, to my defence, it was tacky. Even then, i over heard few people say it was touching. *yeah right!

They have done it with mother sentiment, fathert, sister (vijay's fav), brother and this is more of friends sentiment...

I challenge the directors in India to do a remake of Hancock, and cast Rajni in it. Now, that is what you can call world class movie!

All I can say is, if you are going for the movie expecting something big, forget it, it is a total disapointment. If you are going to entertain yourself, forget it, go watch dark knight. And last but not least, if you are a big fan of Rajni, you would probably like the movie.

-period-

No comments: