Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Runaway Bride

How would you feel if your daughter ran away from home to get married to someone you know that can't keep her happy?
That is what happened to my aunty's family.(My father's, sister's family)
It was kind of shocking as i know my cousin very well. She would not do such a thing. It caught me by suprise! This morning, as i was waking up to go to work, we had a phone call. It was my aunty crying like a little girl who lost her way home. She was crying to my grandma for what has happened. My grandma on the other hand, started crying too.
Ok, now to the main story. The place my aunty is staying, KAPAR is well known for indians from the darkside. She was against moving there ever since my uncle bought a house there. But she and her family were forced to move there. Time went by and two of my cousins got married and lived hapily. This thing happened to their youngest daughter. They were asking her to get married as she is 26 now. But she said i will get married when i finish her studies. So, being understanding parents, they said ok. Then, yesterday, this cousin of mine did not come back home from work. They were soo worried. Today morning, my cousin called them and told what happened. As it is my aunty is having health problems. This would definetely make her worst!
It seems, this guy who she is married to, kidnaped her and forced her to get married to him or else, her family will be hurt! It is funny though that my cousin is not so stupid to fall for this kind of things.
Then, my aunty was told that she was (what do u call that thing in english? di pukau) So, she didn't know what was happening and she has no power to stop it. What a bad way to get married to someone. I never thought this would happen to my family.
My grandma was soo sad, she didn't stop crying even when i left home to work. She said, the same thing happened to my aunty(di pukau) long time ago, that she fell sick and would hold her t-shirt and cry every day and night. But in my aunty's case, it was worst. Her husband died in an accident and she was left a widow. Then, she came to concious and came back. But my grandpa chased her away saying he doesn't have a daughter like her. Sad huh? Somehow, she got married to a very good,kind hearted man after that (who is my uncle now) and living hapily ever after.
Another shock came to me few days back, my cousin who is one year younger than me is being forced to get married. This is the sms chat i had with her.
shuresh : Oi, apo khabar?
cousin : baik...............alamhdulilah
shuresh : ahaha, eja pun salah. that bad huh?
cousin : sorrylah, fikiran ku celaru sekarang
shuresh : chill. everything happens for a reason

I don't know what the hell is wrong with my family. What the hell is happening? Everything is moving so fast. Damn! Is it just my family or the whole world!

2 comments:

Uma said...

This blog was so interesting, very sad but well...i think it happens more frequently then we know. So is Prem part of the darker group of indians ah??kekekkekeke....better tell me now itself.

Dina said...

Prem? From the dark side? Hmm..yet to find out uma. (hehehehe)
Yeah, we often take things for granted as this small things are the ones which leads to heavier effect on our society. True tat!